Thank you to #goaheadmakemylunch for the recipe. I have modified it slightly (reduced the sugar and increased the sweet potato)
• 300 g sweet potato
• 200 g white chocolate
• 150 g Butter
• 30 g water
• 200g Dark Brown Sugar
• 250 g Self Raising Flour
• 2 eggs
• 1 tablespoon caramel syrup
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Chop sweet potato 5 sec/sp 7. Scrape down sides and add water.
2. Cook 3min/varoma/sp 1.
3. Blend 10 sec/sp 7, scrape sides, blend again 10 sec/sp 7.
4. Add chocolate, butter and sugar and cook 6 min/90 deg/sp 1.
5. Add flour, eggs, caramel syrup and baking powder then mix 10 sec/sp 4.
6. Pour into prepared cake tin and cook 45 min at 160 degrees until skewer comes out clean.
7. Tip: I used a bundt tin to prevent the cake sinking
8. Serve drizzled with more caramel sauce and white chocolate ganache if desired.
One thought on “Caramel Sweet Potato Mud Cake”
This recipe is amazing! The batter is good enough to eat on its own! The cake was so moist and the kids didn’t even realise it was full of sweet potato! Will definitely be a repeat recipe!!