Potato & Pea Samosas using the Aldi Samosa Maker
5-6 Peeled, diced and boiled potatoes. Mash into small chunks
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
1 tablespoon of Keen’s Curry Powder
2 tablespoons of olive oil or ghee
- Puff pastry sheets (thawed)
- Cooled filling
- Heat oil and add in diced onion, garlic, ginger, mustard and cumin seeds.
- Fry gently until onion is soft and mustard seeds begin to pop
- Add in curry powder and peas.
- Mix well
- Add in mashed potatoes and stir gently
- Mix well until all of the potato is coated in the curry mix
- Allow to cool
- Preheat samosa maker and follow the included samosa maker instructions to make your Samosas.
*️⃣ Trim the pastry to fit your samosa maker. It is almost like making a jigsaw puzzle. It doesn’t matter if it overlaps a bit
*️⃣ Cook for about 10-15 minutes and remove and place on a chopping board
*️⃣ Use kitchen scissors to cut for an even finish
*️⃣ Wipe the samosa maker with paper towel and a damp cloth
Follow Me ON or Share this
One thought on “Potato & Pea Samosas using the Aldi Samosa Maker”
There wasn’t any guidance on seasoning but they need a fair bit of salt and pepper, taste, season,taste. I used a Madras curry powder but could do with more. Watch them when they come out the filling is molten hot!!!