Huge thank you to Dee Simpson for allowing me to share her Gran’s special family recipe. These look absolutely wonderful and I’m sure they will become a family favourite in your home.
100g unsalted butter
1/3 cup golden syrup or treacle
1 1/4 cups Plain flour
1/4 cup SR Flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
Icing sugar for rolling
1. Melt butter and golden syrup, let cool.
2. Throw everything into a large bowl, mix well.
3. Roll into teaspoon sized balls
4. Roll in icing sugar.
5. Bake in 170°c for about 12-15 mins
6. Let them cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack