Hot Cross Bun Indulgent Pudding
I have had a craving for bread and butter pudding however I am not an egg fan. Every time I’ve eaten it before, it has been wayyyy too eggy for my taste.
I hope you enjoy my indulgent version of the recipe.
- 4 egg yolks
- 400ml of thickened cream
- 200ml of milk (You can just use 600ml of cream instead of adding the milk)
- Dash of vanilla
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- Lindt chocolate spread or Nutella
- 6 hot cross buns (we used apple and cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup of flaked almonds
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- HappSlice hot cross buns in half and spread with your choice of chocolate spread
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks and caster sugar until creamy.
- Slowly whisk in cream, milk and vanilla.
- Place your hot cross buns into a baking dish.
- Slowly pour over custard mix and allow to soak for 15 minutes.
- Add in raspberries and top with flaked almonds
- Bake for 30 minutes approx in an 180 degree oven. Check and cook for a further 10 minutes if needed.
- Serve with ice cream if Desired.
- Happy Cooking and stay safe! #foodiemummaren
Follow Me ON or Share this