Monte Carlo Biscuits
I am not a baker at all, Was looking through some old cookbooks this morning and the kids asked if we could do some baking. This is what I came up with.
- 180g butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar (50-80g)
- 1 egg
- 1 vanilla bean seeds only
- ¾ cup plain flour (120g)
- 1¼ cup self-raising flour (180-190g)
- ½ cup coconut (40g)
- 1 tablespoon White Chocolate Powder Purchase Here
- Preheat your oven to 170 – 180 degrees (Fan Forced)
- Line 2-3 Baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Cream your butter and sugar. If using your thermomix, Speed 4 for 45-60 seconds.
- Add in the egg and vanilla bean seeds. Mix on Speed 3 for 30 seconds.
- Add in flour, coconut and white chocolate powder and use the dough/knead function. Knead for 30-40 seconds until well combined.
- Place mixture into the snack press and using the 3 round cutters, push the mixture through. Cut into desired sizes.
- Place balls on to the lined baking tray and Press down with a fork or the back of a spoon to flatten.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes until cooked.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Once cool, sandwich biscuits with your choice of Jam (I used Strawberry and Fresh Whipped Cream) You could use butter cream as well.
Would love to hear what you think about this. They pushed through the snack press so easily and clean up was so quick and easy.
Follow Me ON or Share this