I think I have an addiction to buying cookbooks, Could not resist a bargain at the post office today $5 for an amazing hard cover cookbook.
I have always wanted to make chocolate fondants but have never been game enough to.
Tonight I thought what the heck I’ll give it a shot using ingredients I had at home.
150g of chocolate (I used melts, but I think a good quality chocolate would work better)
130g of butter
2 tablespoons white red velvet chocolate powder
2 eggs, plus 2 extra yolks
1 dessert spoon plain flour sifted
1/2 cup caster sugar
- Grease ramekins and dust with chocolate powder
- Melt chocolate and butter
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, and caster sugar until foamy and thick.
- Add flour, gently stir
- Fold melted chocolate mix into egg mix and pour into ramekins.
- Cover and chill in fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight
- Bake at 180 degrees for approx 10-13 mins.
- Serve with ice cream
This dessert was so amazingly delicious I could not resist it! Change up the flavour combinations for a mind blowing treat.
My kids loved it so much.
To purchase the amazing new chocolate powder, which is all natural and gets it pink colouring from Beetroot, please visit my website Renita YIAH Shop Now