WOW! I was inspired by Spoon University’s Recipe Doughnut Churro Muffins
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 60g butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 1/3 cup Nutella or your favourite jam, melted
To Top the Doughnut Muffins
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 cup sugar with 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar added
- 1 teaspoon County Baked Apple Pie Spice
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees. Grease a muffin tin (12 muffins) or mini Muffin tin (24 muffins)
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, vanilla sugar and baking powder together. When mixed, make a well in the centre of the mixture.
- Add remaining wet ingredients, and mix well until no lumps.
- Fill muffin trays until they are 3/4 full
- Bake for approx 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool well
- Mix Sugar, Vanilla Sugar, County Baked Apple Pie Spice in a small bowl
- Melt Butter and brush the tops of the muffins when they are cooled.
- Coat the muffin with sugar
- Using a piping bag with a fine tipped nozzle, Pipe melted nutella into the muffins. Be careful not to overfill or the muffin will explode.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee (or milk for the kids)
Would love your feedback on these.