Skip to content
Beetroot, Banana & Chocolate Muffins
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup melted salted butter (cooled)
- 1 cup pureed beetroot (Coles Bag is equal to 1 cup when puréed)
- 1 large banana – mashed up
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 & 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon bi carb soda
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with papers and set aside.
- Puree beetroot using a food processor or blender.
- Set aside in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and egg until creamy using a metal whisk.
- Add in the melted butter.
- Slowly add in the puréed beetroot and mashed banana.
- Add in the flour and bi carb Soda.
- Gently fold through until combined.
- Divide batter equally between the 12 muffin papers.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly on a cooling rack and then serve.
Foodie Mumma Ren’s Tips:
- You can add in chocolate chips to the mix as well for a different twist on the original recipe.
- These freeze well and are perfect for school lunch box snacks.
- You can omit all of the sugar if you are wanting a sugar free option. The beetroot makes the muffin sweet enough.
- Split in 2 and fill with cream cheese icing for a naughty treat!
lovebeets #supportaussiefarmers #australiangrown #colessupermarkets #foodiemummaren #shoplocal #food #lunchbox #healthy