This is one of our go to quick and easy meals for the kids when time is short. I have been making this recipe for years.
I love using Panko crumbs as they are crispy and crunchy, but you can coat in many different coatings such as:
- Seasoned Rice flour
- Crushed up cornflakes
- Crushed up corn chips
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 small carrot grated
- 1 zucchini grated and juice squeezed out well
- Any other seasonings you like (I love garlic granules, crushed coriander seeds and some sweet paprika)
- Panko crumbs to coat ( I also seasoned these with dried chives, onion flakes and garlic granules)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Prepare your breadcrumbs I used about 1 heaped cup full and add in your seasonings of your choice.
- In a large bowl, add in grated carrot, zucchini, salt, pepper, your choice of herbs or seasonings.
- Mix well and shape into nuggets
- Coat with breadcrumbs and place on to tray
- Spray lightly with cooking oil and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes until cooked through. It is a good idea to turn the nuggets to allow the Panko crumbs to crisp up.
- Service with your choice of accompaniments
Happy cooking – Ren xx
These nuggets are amazing and moist due to the zucchini. They are yummy served with a Greek yoghurt and mint sauce.