We had leftover potato gems in the freezer and 2 hash browns. It was time to create a new recipe.
- 350g of Potato Gems (1/2 a bag) defrosted
- 1 cup of grated cheese (reserve 1/2 cup to sprinkle on top before baking)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup semi dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of your choice of meat (I used left over silverside)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried or fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan forced) If you don’t have a fan forced oven preheat to 200 degrees.
- In a large bowl place all ingredients (remember to reserve 1/2 cup of cheese to top muffins with) and mix well with a fork. Ensure your potato gems are mashed up into small pieces.
- Fill a 12 pan muffin tray with the mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in tray for 10 minutes.
- Serve with toast and eggs.
These are very delicious but remember to enjoy in moderation as they are quite high in fat due to the gems and the cheese.