Potato Gem Breakfast Muffins
We had leftover potato gems in the freezer and 2 hash browns. It was time to create a new recipe.
- 350g of Potato Gems (1/2 a bag) defrosted
- 1 cup of grated cheese (reserve 1/2 cup to sprinkle on top before baking)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup semi dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of your choice of meat (I used left over silverside)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried or fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan forced) If you don’t have a fan forced oven preheat to 200 degrees.
- In a large bowl place all ingredients (remember to reserve 1/2 cup of cheese to top muffins with) and mix well with a fork. Ensure your potato gems are mashed up into small pieces.
- Fill a 12 pan muffin tray with the mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in tray for 10 minutes.
- Serve with toast and eggs.
These are very delicious but remember to enjoy in moderation as they are quite high in fat due to the gems and the cheese.
Follow Me ON or Share this