This recipe is based on the wonderful recipe from Lailah (Thermomumma). I used a Thermomix to make the naan dough. You could do this by hand too.
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 300 grams water
- 2 teaspoons instant dried yeast
- 500 grams white bakers flour (I used Coles brand plain flour)
- 20 grams oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cheese, grated (filling)
- Ghee/ butter, (filling)
- Place garlic cloves in bowl & chop 3 seconds, speed 9
- Add water, yeast, flour, oil & salt to bowl. Combine 15 seconds, speed 3. Then knead 6 minutes dough function.
- Transfer dough to a thermomat or oiled bowl & cover with a tea-towel. Let this sit & rest for 15 minutes before working with it.
- Turn dough out, divide into 6-8 portions & roll into balls. Cover with a tea-towel to stop the dough from drying out.
- On a well floured bench take one of the balls & roll/flatten out to the size of your hand. Place some fillings in the centre & bring the edges up & pinch together so the fillings are enclosed tightly in a ball.
- Turn your dough over so the seam is facing downwards, now roll out nice & thin.
- Cook in a dry pan on a medium heat, once done lather on both sides with some ghee/butter.
- Continue the process until all naan breads are cooked.
Thanks Lailah for allowing me to share your recipe. It is much appreciated.
Here are some possible filling ideas:
🔹 Spinach, cheese and garlic
🔹 Coriander and Chilli
🔹 Spring onion and cheese
🔹 Cumin and chilli flakes
🔹 Curried potato
Happy cooking! Ren xx