- 1 leek (white part only) Ensure you wash the leek well to remove dirt. Slice thinly.
- 2 sticks of celery diced finally
- 3 chicken breasts cubed
- 500ml approx chicken stock
- 300ml cream
- 2 sprigs of thyme (leaves only)
- 50g butter
- 1 teaspoon of porcini salt or use normal salt
- Pepper to taste
- 6 button mushrooms sliced
- 6 rashers of short cut bacon finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard or dijonnaise
- Puff pastry for the pie maker
- Finely slice the leek and place into a large heavy based saucepan with the 50g of butter
- Sauté until leeks are soft.
- Add in mushrooms, bacon and celery
- Cook until soft
- Add in flour and cook for approximately 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in chicken stock and stir well
- Add in the chicken and thyme.
- Poach chicken in the mixture until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in cream.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Allow mixture to cool before using it in the pie maker (if you are in a hurry it is fine to use the mixture hot)
- Pre cut the pastry (sizes differ due to different brands of pie makers)
- Preheat pie maker and assemble your pies 🥧
- Serve with vegetables and your choice of accompaniments.
Tip: This makes at least 10 pies with the new Sunbeam pie maker. It potentially can make up to 16 pies with the traditional pie maker or the Kmart pie maker as they produce smaller pies.
You can also serve this filling with pasta or rice.
You could also put the filling into a pie dish and top with pastry or make individual serves in ramekins. The options are endless! I love this filling served on toast as well ❤️