- 2 tins of pineapple pieces in juice. Drain and reserve the juice to use in the sauce
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 1 cup white caster sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce (ABC Sauce)
- 2-3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 capsicum deseeded and diced
- Whisk pineapple juice and cornflour in a saucepan until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk until sauce thickens over a high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until desired consistency is reached.
Tip: I love to serve this sauce with tempura chicken crackles (similar to popcorn chicken) and rice. It makes a quick and easy meal.