Yellow Chicken Curry Spring Rolls
To make the yellow curry Paste:
3 stalks of lemongrass (white part only)
2 tablespoons of curry powder (I used Keens)
1 teaspoon of cumin seeds or ground cumin
2 teaspoons of coriander seeds and finely chopped fresh coriander
1 teaspoon of peppercorns
2cm piece of ginger
6 cloves of garlic
2cm piece of fresh tumeric
5 dried chillis
60g of garlic olive oil
In a food processor blend all ingredients including oil.
Fry spice mix for a few minutes and transfer to a clean jar.
To make the Spring Roll Filling
- 500g of chicken mince
- 2 cups of finely shredded cabbage
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 packet of Ayam Coconut Milk Powder
- 1/2 cup of water
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 teaspoons of your spice paste
- Fry chicken mince and spice paste until mince is cooked through.
- Add in cabbage, carrot and salt. Cook until cabbage and carrot have wilted.
- Add coconut milk powder and water
- Cook gently and ensure you mix thoroughly. This should take 5-10 minutes on low heat.
- Place filling on a baking tray to cool in the fridge.
To assemble Spring Rolls
- Spring Roll wrappers
- Flour and water (mix to make a paste like glue to seal spring rolls
- Cooled Filling
- Take a Spring Roll wrapper and turn on an angle to face you almost like a diamond shape.
- Place a small strip of filling in the bottom corner.
- Roll the wrapper over the filling, then roll the sides in and continue rolling.
- Once you are almost at the end, seal the edges with the flour paste and roll to seal.
- Place on a lined baking tray.
- Continue the process until all filling is used up
- Spray the spring rolls or brush lightly with oil
- Bake in a 170 degree oven for 15-20 minutes turning once
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauce