Ham & Cheese Scrolls 🍖🧀
The dough for this recipe was made in my Thermomix! HOWEVER, use puff pastry or the Greek yoghurt pastry recipe to make the pastry if you don’t have a Thermomix 🧡
- 45g butter
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 3/4 to 1 cup milk (I used just over 3/4)
- 2 tablespoons of Tomato Purée
- 100g finely diced ham
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Milk to brush scrolls with
- Italiano herbs for extra flavour
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (Fan forced)
- Add your self raising flour and butter into the Thermomix Bowl
- Mix on Speed 6 for 10 seconds.
- Add the milk and mix on Dough mode for 2 minutes.
- Dust your bench or board with extra flour
- Carefully place dough on your bench and knead until smooth.
- Use a rolling pin and roll out the dough to 1cm thick.
- Keep turning your dough over and roll the opposite side.
- Spread tomato purée over the dough. Ensure you go right to the edges.
- Sprinkle the diced ham and grated cheese over the top of the tomato purée.
- Sprinkle over the Italiano herbs.
- Slice your dough into 1 strips
- Roll up the dough into the scrolls.
- Place the sliced scrolls on to a lined baking tray.
- Brush the scrolls with milk using a pastry brush.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool on a wire rack
You can bake several batches of these and once cooled, freeze in an air tight container
These are perfect for lunch boxes
Share with me your favourite filling ideas in the comments section
Some of our favourite fillings are:
- Apple and cinnamon
- Ham, Cheese and Mayonnaise
- Pesto and cheese
- Vegemite and Cheese