The dough for this recipe was made in my Thermomix! HOWEVER, use puff pastry or the Greek yoghurt pastry recipe to make the pastry if you don’t have a Thermomix 🧡
- 45g butter
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 3/4 to 1 cup milk (I used just over 3/4)
- 2 tablespoons of Tomato Purée
- 100g finely diced ham
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Milk to brush scrolls with
- Italiano herbs for extra flavour
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees (Fan forced)
- Add your self raising flour and butter into the Thermomix Bowl
- Mix on Speed 6 for 10 seconds.
- Add the milk and mix on Dough mode for 2 minutes.
- Dust your bench or board with extra flour
- Carefully place dough on your bench and knead until smooth.
- Use a rolling pin and roll out the dough to 1cm thick.
- Keep turning your dough over and roll the opposite side.
- Spread tomato purée over the dough. Ensure you go right to the edges.
- Sprinkle the diced ham and grated cheese over the top of the tomato purée.
- Sprinkle over the Italiano herbs.
- Slice your dough into 1 strips
- Roll up the dough into the scrolls.
- Place the sliced scrolls on to a lined baking tray.
- Brush the scrolls with milk using a pastry brush.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool on a wire rack
You can bake several batches of these and once cooled, freeze in an air tight container
These are perfect for lunch boxes
Some of our favourite fillings are:
- Apple and cinnamon
- Ham, Cheese and Mayonnaise
- Pesto and cheese
- Vegemite and Cheese