Porcini & Garlic Salt
Oh my I have been searching for Porcini Mushrooms in our town for months! Thank goodness Aldi has a sale on this week with them!!!! $3.99 for 20g. Cheaper than some other shops.
My version of the salt can be changed in many ways. If you don’t like garlic leave it out, if you don’t like pepper leave it out. Add some chilli flakes if you want to spice it up. 🌶🌶🌶
You can find pink peppercorns at any good Asian Food Store
- 150g Himalayan Pink Rock Salt
- 10g Dried Garlic Granules
- 10g Pink Peppercorns
- 60g of Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- Ensure your thermomix bowl, lid and mc are extremely dry
- Add porcini mushrooms to the bowl, Mill on speed 9 for 40 seconds. Use some baking paper under the lid to stop mushroom dust flying everywhere.
- Add garlic, salt and peppercorns to the bowl and milk on speed 9 for 30-40 seconds.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge or freezer.
I keep a small container in the pantry to use. The rest does in the freezer. Will last for up to 12 months if stored this way.
Serve with any cooked meat.
Add to mushroom risotto