Place all ingredients apart from the cream and ground nuts into the Slow Cooker. Mix Well. Cook for 4-6 Hours on Low Heat. You can brown your chicken and onions first if you wish.
You can also cook this on the stove top. Melt butter and oil. Fry onion, garlic, ginger and Nomad Meat Rub until fragrant. Place your tomatoes and other ingredients apart from the cream and nuts and simmer until cooked.
This recipe is suitable to be frozen. Serve with steamed rice and other Indian accompaniments. Such a good way to have simple meals ready for weeknight dinners, Freeze with rice and defrost when wanting to eat.
FINALLY I have had a chance to sit down and rewrite my Butter Chicken Recipe for the Thermomix!!!!!
- 500-700gs Chicken Breast
- 1 Large Onions – Cut into Quarters
- 50g butter – cubed into small pieces
- 120ml water
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Olive Oil
- 3-4 Cloves of Garlic
- 2cm Ginger peeled and cut into 3 sections
- 1-2 tbsp. YIAH Nomad Meat Rub
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. Vinegar or Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp. Honey or Agave Nectar
- 100-150gs Whole Cashews or Almonds
- 300ml Cream / Greek Yoghurt/Coconut Milk
- 1 tin of diced tomatoes- Tip : Use a tin of tomatoes which has tomato paste added for a richer sauce.
- 1 teaspoon Tandoori Food Colouring OPTIONAL
- EXTRA CHILLI FOR HEAT OPTIONAL
1. Place Garlic cloves, ginger and quartered onion into the bowl and chop for 4 seconds / speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
2. Add diced butter and garlic oil. Cook for 3 minutes / 120 degrees / speed 1
3. Add your tomatoes, nuts and water. Blitz for 1 minute / speed 8
4. Add your protein, coconut milk, nomad spice. Cook for 20 minutes / 100 degrees/ Reverse / Speed 1.
5. Add salt to taste. Pour into a thermoserver or a dish then add in your tandoori food colour and stir well.
13 thoughts on “Nomad Butter Chicken!”
Looking forward to an Indian Night with you in the hols xx
Can’t wait lovely, will be awesome!
This is definitely getting added to favourite family dishes
It is so delish Tamara! I am sure you will love it
I will have to try this recipe as we love butter chicken. Thanks Rem.
Thanks so much Sue. Would love to hear what you think of it. It really has become a family favourite here.
Thankyou for a great recipe, this was delicious and will be a regular at our house now!
Best butter chicken! Have tried making a few from scratch and this is by far the yummiest. Will definitely be a regular in this house. Even the 2 toddlers approve!
Thank you so much Ashleigh. We just had it tonight again. The kids love it here too.
Most amazing butter chicken, and to be honest I never liked butter chicken before I had his one!
Family favourite in our house
Thanks Tahlia. I love this feedback. So much easier than other popular recipes floating around Facebook 😃
Renita have you tried making this leaving out the cashews or almonds?
Hello, Sorry I missed your message, you can, however the Gravy will not be as thick.