- 3 cups of Self Rasing Flour
- 100g of butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 Granny Smith Apple peeled and grated
- 1 drop of cinnamon bark oil or 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of sultanas
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Line a baking tray with paper and make sure your scone cutter is handy.
- In a large bowl, Rub butter into flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre and add milk, sultanas, cinnamon/oil and grated apple.
- Mix gently with a butter knife until mixture just comes together.
- Place dough on to a lightly floured bench.
- Knead gently until combined and let dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Flatten out to approx 3-4cm thick and use scone cutter to cut out circles.
- Place cut out Scones on the tray, ensuring they are touching.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven
- Serve with your choice of toppings – we love cream and honey.
These make a perfect lunchbox or after school snack for the kids