We always have mountains of apples which go to waste. This recipe is a great way to use them up. The Granola acts like a crumble and is delicious 😃
* 6 apples, core removed and cut in half
* 1/3 cup water
* 1 drop of Cinnamon Bark Oil
* 1 tablespoon caster sugar
* 30g butter, chopped
* 1 vanilla bean
* 1 cup of Granola
* Ice cream, to serve
* Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
* Use a sharp knife to make thin cuts into the Apples but do not cut all the way through.
* Pour water into an ovenproof dish.
* Place apple vanilla bean and cinnamon bark oil into the baking dish.
* Sprinkle the Apples with the caster sugar and butter.
* Cover with foil for 20 minutes.
* Uncover and continue baking for 20 minutes or until nearly tender.
* Top with Granola and bake for 5 minutes or until apples are tender.
* Serve with ice cream or Custard.